Q) Do I need a special server or are there any other hardware requirements?
A) No. All you need to do is install your cameras in the location you desire and CudaEye will automatically find them for you. No server, no complications, just video intelligence.
Q) What are the requirements for a CudaEye Camera?
- Valid subscription to CudaEye Service.
- Broadband Internet connection with at least 380kbps uplink bandwidth for streaming, shared across all cameras in a facility. With a MicroSD card and Bandwidth Shaping enabled the same bandwidth will support multiple cameras without impacting existing applications.
- Ability to reach Internet addresses with HTTP connection on one of port 733, 443, or port 80 (if you don't understand this requirement, your network probably meets it, only very tightly controlled networks lock down outbound connections, and if you are on one you should be talking to your IT department before installing a CudaEye Camera)
- Power over Ethernet (Class 2) 10/100BaseT.
- Monitoring is through CudaEye service, see requirements
Q) What are the CudaEye technical specifications?
- Imager: 720x480 Resolution CMOS Sensor, 4.7 V/LuxSecond.
- Day Mode: 20 FPS, Color, up to 110db UltraWide Dynamic Range. Minimum light 1lux
- Night Mode: 8 FPS, B&W, up to 80db UltraWide Dynamic Range, Visible light and IR sensitive. Minimum light 0.01
- Integrated IR Filter and Exchanger: True color during daylight (IR Cut at 675 nm) and full IR sensitivity at night, Compatible with IR Illuminators, selectable day, night and auto modes.
- Connection: Ethernet 10/100BaseT, PoE Class 2 Device.
- microSD Card: Micro SD/SDHD card compliant, minimum 512MB, max 16GB, automatic formatting.
- Included Lens: F1.8 4.2x Zoom lens, Horizontal FOV of 25 to 70 degrees. Lens Mount: Industry standard M12 mount supports lenses with minimum mechanical back focal length 5.75mm or greater.
- Imaging Formats: H.264 Baseline profile, High Quality 720x480 JPEG images for IntelEvents, 360x240 JPEG thumbnails for IntelEvents.
- Bandwidth: < 384 kbps live streaming bandwidth, 30 kbps default shaping bandwidth, burst mode up to 10mbps.
- CPU: TI DM6446 at 594 Mhz,-297 Mhz ARM9, 594 Mhz DSP, 128 MBytes DRAM.
- Power: < 4 Watts.
- Environment: Operating temperature range from 0C to 50C (32F-120F).
- Included Camera Mount: Selectable foot - drop ceiling scissor mount or 2.5in diameter screwmount (with screws and anchors), 1 1in and 2 2in extenders, 180 degree adjustable head.
- Tripod Socket: Industry standard 1/4-20.
Q) What are the full client requirements?
- Flash: 10.0.2.2 (automatic upgrade as needed)
- Memory: 1 Gig or greater
- Broadband connectivity of at least 384kbps for streaming.
- Browser: Safari 3.0, IE 6 or greater, Firefox 3.0 or greater, Chrome...
- OS: Linux, Mac, Windows (see browser requirements)